commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Drake <Tom.Dr...@tavant.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] XmlConfiguration
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:10:11 GMT
I haven't been following the XML configuration thread, but I've used the
open source Castor XML package for this purpose (www.exolab.org). This
package does far more than simple property setting, and can handle
marshalling and umarshalling (of xml) of complex object graphs. Features too
numerous to mention here. The reason I bring it up, is you may want to look
into this project if you're not already aware of it. It may be a good source
of ideas.

Tom Drake

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 11:13 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [configuration] XmlConfiguration

I use XML configuration in my day job. Here's some info to act as additional
requirements:

Out requirements were locale based XML configuration, ie. as per resource
bundles, thus ProjectResources.xml  could be overriden in french by
ProjectResources_fr.xml.

Our structure allowed four types of data:
<ITEM key="" value="" />
<LIST key="">
  <ITEM value="" />
</LIST>
<MAP key="">
  <ITEM key="" value="" />
</MAP>
<XML>
 <AnyXML />
</XML

So yes, there are many many possibilties here. And one solution probably
won't work.

Stephen