commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] XmlConfiguration
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:21:57 GMT

Ola Berg wrote:
> i think it would be better to invite the 'customers' to work together ...
>

> Well, yes, of course. But given that they are reluctant to the idea in the first place
or have other things that are more important to them right now, and based upon the assumption
that you have a personal itch doing something.

I'm here.

> Personally, I have this itch to scratch, where I need both XMLization of beans and configuration.
The thing is that the configuration should be able to change programmatically as a result
of an admin type doing things with the running application.

> Should I check out JXPath and Betwixed to see if there is something to grab?

I think that JXPath is an excellent solution, and have been using it in
the new Ant embed proposal.

It makes it dead simple to get configuration stuff from basically
anywhere using xpath... actually, JXPath is itself the package for
Configuration ;-)

I know Avalon configuration, Tomcat IIUC uses Digester. We should at
least look at what these deliver that Commons Config should deliver too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -