commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] Project Maturity?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:30:36 GMT

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> J.Pietschmann wrote:
>
>> Mark R. Diggory wrote:

>>> 4.) Code review.
>>

>> I just discovered a bunch of printStackTrace() in BeanTransformer.
>> Any ideas how this should be handled in a better way? Throwing
>> a MathException?
>>

> Yes, that would probibly be better. I would have the transformer method
> in NumberTransformer actually throw a MathException and construct the
> MathExceptions in BeanTransformer to include the exception as the cause
>
> throw new MathException(e.getMessage(),e);
> -Mark

I noticed however, that the ListUnivariateImpl generally ignores failed
transform cases though, I'm not sure if this is a logical expected
behavior too. What do others think.

If a ListUnivariate can't transform one of its elements to a Number,
should it throw an exception, or should it silently moveonto the the
next element?

At least it should be logged so that it can be seen when debugging.

-Mark.