commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [all] STATUS.html vs. Maven xdocs
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:47:46 GMT
You're right, I hadn't thought of the fact that all projects may not be
using maven.  It wouldn't seem right for the commons charter to require
projects to build with maven.

My primary complaint is the difficulty in keeping developer lists and
task lists in sync between maven files and the STATUS.html file.  One
possibility would be a small maven plugin to generate STATUS.html files,
but that may be overkill as opposed to just doing some small cut and
pastes.

If anyone is going to contribute to a project, they need to grab the
sources anyway, so they will be able to acess the STATUS.html just as
easily as a maven generated site.