commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Dynabeans
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:59:15 GMT
Quoting Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>:

> I was playing with DynaBeans recently but couldn't find any faster way to
> create a DynaBean than:
>
>         DynaClass dc = new BasicDynaClass(
>             "SomeNameBean",
>             BasicDynaBean.class,
>             new DynaProperty[] { new DynaProperty(property) }
>         );
>         DynaBean seeker = new BasicDynaBean( dc );
>         seeker.set(property, value);
>
> or something with more properties/types etc.
>
> Is there any kind of Factory to make life easier?
>
> Hen

Something like a BasicDynaBeanFactory, with a way to configure the supported
DynaClass names and associated properties, would make an interesting addition.
Struts has something like this for DynaActionForm beans, but it's not general
purpose.  The code, there, might serve as a basis for creating something more
reusable.

Craig