commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cache] project status query...
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:14:58 GMT
Quoting Emmanuel Bourg <e.bourg@cross-systems.com>:

> I suggested a new orientation for [cache] earlier this month but it
> hasn't received much feedback :
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg31432.html
>
> The idea was to turn it into an abstraction layer for cache
> implementations just like commons logging for logging implementations.
> Any thought on this ?

I think am abstraction layer (somewhat in the spirit of what commons-logging
tries to do for logging implementations) would be interesting.

For what it's worth, I've added commons-cache to the list of projects for which
I create nightly builds every night ... they will be available as of tomorrow:

  http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-cache/

As long as "ant clean dist" works, I can do nightly builds for pretty much any
commons and commons-sandbox project.

> Emmanuel Bourg

Craig