commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [collections] Primitive-value maps
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:55:21 GMT
No, classes for this purpose which previously existed in collections were
moved to (and released from) the commons proper project primitives.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/primitives

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Arun Thomas wrote:

> Ash,
>
> Classes for this purpose which previously existed in COLLECTIONS were moved to the Sandbox
project - PRIMITIVES.  Please take a look there.  There's apparently a lot of work going on
with these classes, so check it out.

> -AMT

implementation this weekend. Ash

> [Stephen]
> >I would only add the
> >full signature version (with default). That way the method name can
> >just be getDouble().
>
> But that would provoke the question "if I want to retrieve a primitive without specifying
a default, why should I have to mention a default (even
> 0) everytime??"
>
> I would propose we inlclude both variants (with and sans default), and have a uniform
naming for them. Even if we add only the default-taking method today, what if we decide tomorrow
that the defaultless one can be useful.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>