commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject [HttpClient] Refactor get/setRequestHeader("Content-Type",..)
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:43:14 GMT
Hello HttpClient,

For our code which uses HttpClient, I find myself defining constants and
methods in our code for things like "Content-Type" header handling. I am
surprised not to find such a constant in HttpClient in a "public" place. (It
is defined in multipart.Part as protected).

I also see a lot of getRequestHeader("Content-Type") and
setRequestHeader("Content-Type", ...).

This is seem like a good opportunity for a refactoring, in this case to
getContentType() and setContentType(String).

Is there any reasons these methods do not exist?

I am a committer on [lang] and [codec] (also dabbling in [vsf]) and can help
out directly or via patches if the group is interested in moving in this
direction.

Thanks for reading,
Gary