commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: What is Jakarta Commons?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:33:07 GMT
The shortfall with this idea is that most projects that have established
thier own TLP are also maintaining thier own virtual host name.

maven.apache.org
ant.apache.org
cocoon.apache.org

how would these relate to java.apache.org? Do they drop thier
indepenendent host names for

java.apache.org/maven
java.apache.org/ant
java.apache.org/cocoon

or

maven.java.apache.org
ant.java.apache.org
cocoon.java.apache.org

this seems unneccessary, its highly unlikely there will be any other
"ant", "cocoon" or "maven" projects at Apache. SO maintaining thier
"namespace" as "optimized as possible is both clean and well marketed.

-Mark

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center