commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schild" <A.Sch...@aarboard.ch>
Subject Antw: Re: 2. [VFS] Problem with usage of HashMap
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:20:09 GMT
Actually It seems that the URL should not contain port 8080 in it.

http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/JAKA22

The attachment seems to be missing there and I seem to not have the correct
role to change my ticket  :-(

My problem is very simple in fact.
When we process a directory with a file called "i0.png" (It's a zero, not a uppercase o) and
a second one
called "gn.png", then the VFS class AbstractFileSystem will always return
a reference to "gn.png"

The cause of this is, that all filenames in a directory are stored in a HashMap.
Unfortunaly the both names mentioned both give the same hashvalue (Under VM 1.4 Windows and
Linux)
Due to this, we only have one entry in the HashMap.

I will post a followup with samplecode.

André

>>> scohen@javactivity.org 31.12.2003 16:43:03 >>>
Can you summarize your issue?  Scarab won't let me see anything even after I
registered.  And the URL you provided doesn't work.