commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] Let's get rid of org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:23:47 GMT

In message <200401021945.26853.scohen@javactivity.org>, steve cohen writes:
>On the fresh checkout I did, there was an ftp2 directory but it was empty.
>Is that another reason to get away from CVS - that it's too hard to get rid of
>directories?

Yep.  CVS doesn't treat directories the same as files.  I have -P flags
next to update and checkout in my .cvsrc which prevents empty directories
from being checked out.  The only problem with doing that is that sometimes
empty directories are meant to be checked out and don't signify an old
removed directory.

daniel