commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] CallMethodRule order [bug12997] attn: Emmanuel, Craig
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:43:09 GMT
On 27 Feb 2004, at 11:17, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> I'm not sure whether the param stack should be regarded as an external
> API for digester, though. While we can fix all param rules
> (CallParamRule, ObjectParamRule, etc) we would break any variants of
> these written by users if we do this. Unfortunately I think this is not
> acceptable.

i think that probably the behaviour of the param stack needs to be
backward compatible.

the limitation of only having two stacks is one that the named stacks
stuff was intended to address. maybe it'd be possible to use named
stacks to add this functionality which preserving backwards
compatibility.

- robert