commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Stauffer <jstau...@spscommerce.com>
Subject Introduction
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:33:25 GMT
Background: My name is James Stauffer and I am a software engineer in
Minnesota, USA at a small company primarily using Java.  I have been coding
Java for about 5 years.

In browsing the Jakarta site I came across this project and noticed that we
(my company) has a module with a lot of overlap with this project.  I am
going to look into converting to use commons instead.  What are the options
for adding methods to commons that we have in our module?

Example methods (I didn't look closely so these may exist):
public static String duplicate(String chars, int count)
public static String FitToField (String str, int min, int max, char ch, byte
align) (Pads or trims str to fit in min-max using ch and aligning left,
right, or center.

James Stauffer