commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [commons-build][all] Mavenized top level site generation example.
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 03:30:40 GMT

[These are not all for attention right now]

For one, the 'Sandbox' link on the front page [rather than nav] does not
link to it, but instead jumps down to a small blurb.

One thing that Maven does, that I can't understand, is seem to make the
lines under the links go on for a space extra. It's not in the source, but
the css somehow makes this happen in both IE and Mozilla. Very ugly.

How do we change the projects to have the same LHS nav bar? ie) if I click
on IO, the nav bar changes, and not just the top chunk.

Can we differentiate the top block of the nav bar. It's the only part that
should not be global, and yet it looks the same. Perhaps a different
background, or a more emphasized line between Jakarta Commons and
Download.

What is 'Doc for 1.0' on the Commons site? Will we version the site, or is
this an accident?

The copyright at the bottom is lacking a start date.

Should the 'Components' page contain Sandbox items if a Sandbox page
exists? Need to update the Pre-Release here to include the ones I mailed
out.

Volunteering page looks very bad.

License page is 1.1.

The 'Releases' link should be renamed. Sounds too much like Download. How
to Release perhaps. Also it might want to be a tree menu for the 4 links
inside it. Unsure.

Otherwise, I like a lot :)

Hen