commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math] Question regarding submitting patches
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 02:51:34 GMT
Hi Chris,

Looks like you forgot to checkout the module first.

You need to do

cvs co jakarta-commons/math

after the cvs login and CVSROOT export.

That will create a local cvs sandbox for you. Find the files that you want
to patch in your newly created local jakarta-commons/math, make your
changes and then run the diff from the sandbox directory where the
modified files reside.

See  http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

In addition to the CVS homepage referenced there, here is another CVS
reference that I like:

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html

Thanks in advance for the patches!

Phil