commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] Code conventions
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:28:04 GMT

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> There is no uniform code style in [configuration], most of the time the block
> bracket is put on a new line, and sometimes it is found at the end of the
> line like most other commons projects.
>
> What convention should we adopt? I have no personal preference.

You can choose whatever coding standards you like for a particular
component. Per the Commons Guidelines, the default is the Sun coding
conventions. If you want to use something else, you need only document
what you decide to use, so that others can follow it (and Checkstyle can
be made to check it). See item 19 here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html#Guidelines

--
Martin Cooper