commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [lang] MutableXxx Was: [Jakarta Commons Wiki] New: MutableNumbers
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:37:12 GMT

Thanks Matt,

1 lang.mutable gets my vote.

2 MutableXxx gets my vote as a naming scheme.

3 I'm in favour of MutableXxx having instance links to XxxUtils to make
them more powerful [and delegating calls to all Xxx methods]. This does
make it a large lump of work though.

4 Do we need MutableInteger, MutableFloat etc, or can we just normalize on
the main ones?

MutableLong [which would handle ints, shorts]
MutableString
MutableDouble [which would handle float]
MutableByte [assuming it is different to MutableLong]
MutableCharacter
MutableBoolean

Hen