commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gareth Davis <gar...@logicalpractice.com>
Subject commons-IO: Throttled IO Streams
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:27:20 GMT
Hi,

This is for somebody on the commons-io team.

I have a basic throttled input and output stream that I would like to
contribute to the commons-io project. It's pretty basic in function but
it does effectively throttle any IO operations to a given bandwidth,
i.e. limits a socket to 2.5k/s. The code is very simple really and
consists of an input  and output stream and  a common object called the
limiter. The limiter can be shared between multiple streams to provide
aggregated bandwidth limits.

Would the commons-io project be willing to accept this sort of work?

There is a little bit of work required before I would feel comfortable
submitting the work, as  the code needs some proper documentation and
the packages renamed etc.

Gareth Davis
Logical Practice Systems Limited

gareth@logicalpractice.com