commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject [jelly] XMLOutput.data(Object)
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:31:08 GMT

Dear Jellyers,

I'd like to propose an addition to the XMLOutput class, used throughout
Jelly:
   a method called data() (or object) accepting any object.

By default... take the toString and call characters...
Actually, this is the way it is done with the return value of a Jexl
expression as part of a text node.

But the interesting comes in the non-default case:
- a math library could return a polynomial or numerical type... and
this could then be further evaluated by parents
- the arg element of jelly could actually avoid special treatment as it
has currently
- most of my interest applies for jelly-swing: the components would
then want to call data(component) on the xmlOutput. The latter could be
filtered by constraint-tags to call data(component-with-constraints).
Finally, container tags could, also, filter, and receive the resulting
data and add it.

I would look forward to comments !

paul