commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladw...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] handling exceptions in AbstractConfiguration implementations
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:40:42 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> I don't want to sound harsh, but what is the added value of using
> Hibernate here for such a simple data structure ? A direct JDBC
> implementation is good enough and spare a 1.5MB dependency.

Nothing, AFAIK: the only reason I developed it was because I was using
Hibernate in my own application and I just thought it would be nice if
all database calls, including those for configuration, could be
re-directed through the Hibernate API to take advantage of it's caching,
logging, etc.

I only posted it here to demonstrate the issue I was explaining and
because of the interest - otherwise it will just sit in my project never
reaching the wider world. Do what thou wilt with it :)

Kind regards,
-- Ricardo