commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Status files and the Commons charter (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/math STATUS.html)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:09:05 GMT
This is actually a precedent-setting commit. ;-)

Currently, the Commons charter states that a status file must exist,
and, to date, I believe people have assumed that that file must be
named either "STATUS.txt" or "STATUS.html". Since, as Phil says below,
this status file is obsoleted by the combination of project.xml and
changes.xml, at least for Mavenised projects, it might be worth being
more explicit about this in the charter.

So, we could add a clause to the charter that says that "the status
file" is either (project.xml + changes.xml) for a Mavenised project,
or STATUS.html or STATUS.txt for non-Mavenised projects.

Comments?

--
Martin Cooper