commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: Status files and the Commons charter (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/math STATUS.html)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:03:21 GMT
I also dropped RELEASE-NOTES.txt and was planning to include a link in
README.html and on the commons download page to the changes.html
generated by maven, similarly to what [configuration] does.

Is that OK, or should I add this file back, putting the links to the
maven-generated report in the RELEASE-NOTES.txt file?  As I said above,
I am happy to update and restore both this and STATUS.html, but I
noticed that some other components don't have either one of these and
maintaining duplicate files with the same info seems unecessary.

Also, what exactly is the purpose of README.html in
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/foo and why are these files
not in cvs?  Some components have this file and some do not. It is
referred to in section 11 of
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html>.  I was
planning on creating one of these as per the instructions, but am
wondering what purpose it serves, since users are not directed to this
location for download.

Thanks in advance.

Phil