commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] detecting logging libs
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 04:29:35 GMT
On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 20:56 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> --- Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:

> > I'd be happy with including this approach in the
> > next release, removing
> > the redundant isXYZAvailable methods and calling the
> > next release 1.1.
> > In practice, I'm sure no-one *does* subclass
> > LogFactoryImpl so there's
> > no problem.  In fact I'd be happier with this than a
> > 1.0.5 where the
> > methods exist but don't do anything.
> >

> +1

Ok. So questions:
 * Robert are you ok with adopting Brian's approach to
   checking a logger is ok (by creating one) rather than
   using the current isXYZAvailable?
 * Robert, are you ok with ripping out the isXYZAvailable
   methods and calling the next release 1.1?
 * Brian: if Robert's ok with this (and no-one else
   votes -1), will you prepare an actual patch or should I?

By the way, Brian, are you an Apache committer?

Regards,

Simon