commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Commons Filters
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 01:43:32 GMT
I'm not quite as convinced as the rest of you, but there does seem to be
a strong opinion, so you'll hear no argumnet from me.  I bow to the will
of the masses :)

I'm frankly more interested in the next step in any case... how does
this ball get rolling?  Is it in Martin's court at this point, or can
someone else run with it somehow?

Frank

Simon Kitching wrote:
> And +1 on a separate commons for webapp stuff from me too.
>
> Having projects in this commons is best done when there are already a
> fair number of commons committers who would be interested in
> contributing, or at least keeping an eye on the new project.
>
> But there are many developers here (like me) who don't actually work
> with web components much. So having a new component here increases the
> commons "noise" without drawing in a lot of new contributors. And people
> interested in webapp-related stuff may well avoid joining the general
> commons as there is a huge volume of traffic about non-webapp-related
> projects here.
>
> Having a commons dedicated to webapp-related stuff seems much more
> sensible to me; the subscribers to the related mail list will all be
> knowledgeable in web-related matters and therefore both interested and
> able to contribute to multiple projects within that commons.
>
> It's all a matter of judgement and guesswork, but my guess is that there
> is enough interest in webapp-related stuff to make a dedicated commons
> for that work (though as always, it may take a while to build a
> community). Maybe things could be set up separately, but CC mails to the
> existing commons-dev list for a while?
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon
>

> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 20:04 -0400, James Carman wrote:
>
>>+1
>>
>>I agree that these reusable web components (context listeners, session
>>listeners, etc. included) should be grouped together.

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com