commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178077 - /jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/project.properties.sample
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 05:53:55 GMT
On 5/24/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 05:06 +0000, psteitz@apache.org wrote:
> > -
> >  ######################################################################
> > -# Apache Central Repository
> > +# Deployment Repository Settings
> > +#
> > +# 'apache' is the mirrored public release repository
> > +# 'apachecvs' is the internal repository for snapshots
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "Deployment repository"?
>
> Do you mean that jar:deploy performs some parts of steps 5-8 in this
> document?

Yes, exactly.  If you have things set up correctly, you don't have to
manually copy the jars, poms, etc.  jar:deploy does it for you using
scp.  I just committed a change to the release docs explaining this
(well, basically just pointing here ;-)

>   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
>
> > +#
> > +# By default, deployment is to the internal apache repository.
> > +# To deploy to the mirrored distribution repository, use
> > +#
> > +#   maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apache jar:deploy
> > +#
> > +# The following properties need to be set in local build.properties:
> > +#
> > +#   maven.repo.apache.username - apache user name
> > +#   maven.repo.apache.privatekey - path to local private ssh key
> > +#   maven.repo.apache.passphrase - passphrase for private ssh key
>
> I believe that maven.repo.apache.privatekey is not needed if your
> private key is in the default location ~/.ssh/id_dsa?

I don't know, though this sounds reasonable.  No default is mentioned here:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/properties.html

And that the
> passphrase is not needed if your key has no passphrase (yes, keys
> should)?

I know this is true (though of course I should not ;-)

> When pushing out websites I set maven.username but not maven.privatekey
> and things work ok..

I think that JCSH *requires* a key (unless I misunderstood Brett)

> Why is the name "apachecvs" used, when we are moving away from cvs?
> May I suggest
>   maven.repo.apache.releases=...
>   maven.repo.apache.snapshots=...

We think alike; but the names below are in widespread use (like the
group name "apcvs") and I am told there is a desire to maintain
consistency

> instead of
>   maven.repo.apache
>   maven.repo.apachecvs