commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [net] "class file has wrong version 48.0, should be 47.0"
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:54:57 GMT
Hi!
> However, I'm not entirely sure how you are inferring that the problem
> here is 1.3 vs. 1.4.  You may know something I don't.  I'm not sure
> where the version 48.0 vs 47.0 is coming from.  I've never seen that
> before.
This happens if you compile with javac target=1.4 but running it in an
java 1.3 environment.
If I remember correctly java 5.0 is version 49.0

To be safe for the future you could use "target=1.3" for your javac
command. So as long as you do not use a 1.4 api you should be safe.

Maven - project.properties:
maven.compile.target = 1.3
maven.compile.source = 1.3

---