commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com>
Subject Re: [logging] commons logging stubs [was Re: [jci] c#]
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:51:56 GMT
We've been discussing the logging issue over in the Drools world. We
have decided not to fight against this, at some point or other as we
grow our capabilities and depend more on third party libraries we are
going to find a tool that insists on commons logging - so might as well
be now. Atleast JCI will only be used at  rulebase creation time and
won't touch any of the core code. But the idea of stubs sounds good,
especially if its small and users can just rip it into their own jars
and namespace and thus avoid extra external dependencies.

Mark