commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [logging] Mirrored releases
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:53:15 GMT
On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 13:23 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was clicking through the generated site to make sure everything seems
> OK. It appears that the 1.0.3 release is no longer available on the
> mirrors, so the text under Mirrored releases [1] is no longer valid. I
> propose the following solution to this:
>
> 1. Alter the text under "Mirrored releases" so start with
>     "Newer releases should be downloaded from a mirror..."
>
> 2. Remove the bullet list of releases under "Mirrored releases"
>
> 3.1 Move the release dates to the subsection for each release.
>      "1.0.4 Release"  ->  "1.0.4 Release - 16 Jun 2004"
>
> 3.2 Move the release dates to a paragraph under the subsection for each
> release.
>      "Commons-logging 1.0.4 was released on 16 Jun 2004."
>
> What is your preference 3.1 or 3.2?
>
> Disclaimer: the mirroring stuff is not something that I fully
> understand, so 1. above might not be suitable.
>

> [1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/#Mirrored%20Releases

thanks for spotting this 8-)

the old text was created during the transition to the mirroring system.
it was very important for users to understand the difference between the
new and the old ways. but it could do with rationalising now.

i've rejigged the organization a little based on your suggestions. i've
also added a download link.

(i've let out the 1.0 release since it's not in the news and things were
very, very messy back then...)

- robert