commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject [logging] Mirrored releases
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:23:33 GMT
Hi,

I was clicking through the generated site to make sure everything seems
OK. It appears that the 1.0.3 release is no longer available on the
mirrors, so the text under Mirrored releases [1] is no longer valid. I
propose the following solution to this:

1. Alter the text under "Mirrored releases" so start with
    "Newer releases should be downloaded from a mirror..."

2. Remove the bullet list of releases under "Mirrored releases"

3.1 Move the release dates to the subsection for each release.
     "1.0.4 Release"  ->  "1.0.4 Release - 16 Jun 2004"

3.2 Move the release dates to a paragraph under the subsection for each
release.
     "Commons-logging 1.0.4 was released on 16 Jun 2004."

What is your preference 3.1 or 3.2?

Disclaimer: the mirroring stuff is not something that I fully
understand, so 1. above might not be suitable.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/#Mirrored%20Releases

--
Dennis Lundberg