commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] release and build improvements: status?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:54:43 GMT
On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 13:06 +1100, Brett Porter wrote:
> Bill Barker wrote:
> > Well, Gump doesn't currently support Maven 2, so moving to an *only* build
> > with Maven 2 would pretty much cripple Gump.
>
> I think Maven 2 support in Gump should be on this list of prereqs.
>

> > That aside, I personally have no interest in Maven, so won't help for the
> > projects I'm involved with (daemon & modeler), and will veto removal of the

> > ant build scripts from either.
>
> I don't think anyone is saying that Ant scripts should be removed if
> there is someone to maintain them. As a last resort, the "mvn ant:ant"
> output should do a sufficient job for gump.

I'd be keen to see commons-logging 2.x move to maven2.
And commons-digester likewise.

The code build will most likely be done by ant because we're looking at
generating many different artefacts from the same source files in an
unusual build process that maven is not likely to handle. However
building the site with maven2 sounds good to me.

I've been watching the myfaces project move to maven2 recently, and
people generally seem happy with maven2. Certainly it's an improvement
over maven1, and I don't want to go back to building the project
websites with ant!

Cheers,

Simon