commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Collections 3.2/4.0
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:47:11 GMT
BoundedBuffer is unreleased, so can be removed.

I want to remove it, as I believe it doesn't hold its
weight. If you want a bounded buffer, our
recommendation is to use BoundedFifoBuffer or
CircularFifoBuffer. These are both optimised
implementations for the fixed size.

Adding BoundedBuffer only serves to draw attention
away from the 'correct' implementations that people
should be using.

Stephen