commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] how about new release and incubating my composite pool implementation
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 06:25:56 GMT
On 2/13/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 17:35 -0500, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> > On 2/9/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > > i've checked the records and i can't see a software grant on record as
> > > being received. so, you'll create a archive (tar or zip) of the source
> > > which is to be donated to the ASF and create an MD5 for it. the software
> > > grant should describe the donated software and refer to the sum. the
> > > archive will be uploaded to an ASF server for the record. you'll need to
> > > fax the grant to jim.
> >
> > Fax sent 30 min ago.
>
> great :)
>
> the receipt notice hasn't been committed yet. jim last committed on the
> 10th (so there's nothing to be worried about yet). hopefully should be
> in his next batch.

When it shows; and prior to committing the code; go ahead and send an
email to general@incubator, cc pmc@jakarta; letting them know that
we're taking said code in.

Commons-CSV was a bit heavyweight compared to this, but here's what I did then:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200512.mbox/%3c31cc37360512130924t85139a6n7f4097acc0987b27@mail.gmail.com%3e

and for Norbert -> HTTP Components:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200601.mbox/%3C31cc37360601101839y302ff068m62f22f1688d317ba@mail.gmail.com%3E

Important to mention that we've voted this on.

---

Basically the Incubator is supposed to be in the process when it comes
to adding new sizeable pieces of code (such as would require a
software grant), and this is my lightweight solution to doing so. No
complaints so far.

Hen