commons-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Compile-Source-JDK and Compile-Target-JDK
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:30:22 GMT
On 2/13/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also exec and openpgp only have maven2 build files. I downloaded
> maven2 and got as far as working out how to add manifest entries - but
> I couldn't work out how to refernece the compile plugin configuration
> - so I've left the JDK bits commented out in the sandbox's pom.xml:
>
>    http://tinyurl.com/737qc

I don't know how to get at the compiler config directly, but this
seems to work.  Uncomment your lines in trunks-sandbox/pom.xml, and in
trunks-sandbox/exec/pom.xml:

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>${maven.compile.source}</source>
          <target>${maven.compile.target}</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
  <properties>
      <maven.compile.source>1.3</maven.compile.source>
      <maven.compile.target>1.3</maven.compile.target>
  </properties>

This is not foolproof-- it's still possible to compile the project
without that configuration, but someone should eventually notice the
expressions showing up in the manifest and fix it.  Or Brett will
chime in with the right answer. :)

BTW, the tests for exec won't run for me; I used
-Dmaven.test.skip=true to build the jar so I could look at the
manifest.

$ mvn install
 T E S T S
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.commons.exec.TestUtil.<init>()
        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1629)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.getTestConstructor(JUnitBattery.java:307)

--
Wendy