commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Avalon log not Serializable?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:43:28 GMT
On 2/20/06, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been checking whether all the standard Log adapter classes are
> Serializable. The Avalon logger declares itself to be Serializable, but
> my reading of the code indicates this won't work. Can someone
> confirm/deny this?

I suspect you are correct that it won't work, and would need to be modified
along the lines of the other loggers to recreate transient instances where
needed.

If they're not there already, test cases that use a log instance, then
serialize and deserialize it, then try to use it again would catch things
like this and avoid the potential for future regressions.

Craig