commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaliy S" <runa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I wrote several methods for IOCommons FileUtil. How can I donate it to IOCommons?
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:58:25 GMT
re:but AFAIK zip and jar share the same compression algorithm anyway.

The algorithms are similar but not the same.

re:...and then add a methods for bzip2, compress and gzip, too? See where I
am heading? Better let's have a CompressUtils in compress.

Compress doesn't work with files while IO does. On the other hand IO doesn't
work with compression while Compress does ;-)
I think it would be good idea to add compress to IO :-)

IMHO My codes fits better IO (I took the idea from IO source code).
But if the community won't reject I'll post a patch to IO.

Regards,
Vitaliy S