commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] VariableFormatter - pre 2.2
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:22:05 GMT
I have reworked the VariableFormatter class along the lines that I was  thinking. I have committed
it as StrSubstitutor so it doesn't clash for  the moment and so it can be easiy reviewed.

 This version does not have a separate parser class, but still supports  escaping, and matchers
for prefix/suffix (which can now be set by  users). The new class should perform better as
a result.

 I have removed the edge cases wrt resolving Objects, as they were rather   ill-defined.

 Otherwise, the basic functionality it supported, and the test case is  slightly enlarged.
I still want to break out the resolver as a public  abstract class before release.

 Opinions

 Stephen

 PS. Having trouble sending mails ATM