commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [attributes] Planning a release
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:05:27 GMT
On 7/10/06, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/9/06, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Getting 2.2 out would be a nice endcap, and if you could just get the
> > > thing out in accordance with specs, that would be absolutely
> > > fantastic. I'll stick around to get 2.2 out if $SOMEONE_ELSE (you) do
> > > the release manager stuff.
> >
> > Which build system is the most used with attributes, Ant or Maven?
> >
> > Are we releasing the Plugin as well as the two jars? Currently the build is
> >
> > maven install-snapshot
> > maven install-plugin
> >
> > because the plugin depends on the snapshot 2.2 versions. Should the
> > plugin update to 2.2 dependencies?
>
> Yes. I have done the change in SVN.
>
> > The ant dist creates the 3 zips. Do you then zip that up as the
> > release, and zip up a source tree as the source release?
>
> No, just do a svn update and use "maven dist" to get the
> distributions. You should end up with src/bin tgz/zip and all three
> jars (api, compiler, plugin).

That works.

maven install  (dist fails without this)
maven dist
maven site

I've put the groupId back to commons-attributes. Dist and docs at
http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-attributes/docs/ in case
anyone wants to look at it. I've not dug into it to find things that
might need changing yet.

Hen