commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Project blog?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:31:01 GMT
I took a break from Commons stuff yesterday to work on some Commons
stuff. A while back I decided I should stop posting Commons bits in my
personal blog and make a blog dedicated to it. A few days ago it
dawned on me that I should then try to lure other Commons bloggers
into putting their Commons bits on the same blog. One blog, many
authors. A project blog.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

http://www.featheredblogs.org/blogs/page/commoners

Much work still needed obviously, but thought I'd see what people
thought.  Of special note:

- the Triage page is scraped from JIRA's RSS feed to produce a page on
which issues that need deciding on can be looked at. I'll add an RSS
option and have it email the list at some point too. It only has
certain components currently (ones that have been cleaned up).

- the 'In the Sandbox' category is an idea for a stock interview about
a new sandbox component. A bit of advertising basically.

Some questions:

* Anyone interested in the idea?
* Should there be a commentary category? I imagine this could get hard
with many authors.
* Anyone know of projects already doing this kind of thing?

Bugs:

* The icons for viewing a date seem to be broken.

Hen