commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: SingularValueDecomposition
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 04:47:10 GMT
Tyler Ward wrote :
> Hi guys, I haven't sent mail to this list before. I've noticed that apache
> doesn't have an SVD algorithm, so I put one together. Are you guys
> interested?

As far as I am concerned, yes.

> More specifically, the householder transformation is absolutely naieve,

Perhaps we should have a look to the various Householder transforms
implementations we have. One has been added recently, one is hiding
underneath the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm in Mantissa to be added
soon (I hope), and one is now provided by you. Some generalization
around these three implementations may be worth a try.

Luc