commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] split of vfs
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:41:44 GMT
Hi Jörg!
> Well, therefore I would not split it at all. If you feel that the core API is right,
just release 1.0 with all stuff left outside, that might cause licensing trouble. You may
release 1.1 later on easily with the stuff included as soon as you have answers.
Not only licensing troubles, also the thing with snapshot/not-released
dependencies.

bz2 and tar hurts if they are not at least easily pluggable, sure, I can
copy compress (its not that big) to VFSs codebase (to a different
namespace), then, only smb and webdav is missing.
Its an option, but I like the snapshot jar way more.

> As marked out in the other thread, marking dependencies as optional is perfectly valid.

Uhm ... this is not possible with maven 1, is it? Could you give me a
hint please.

Ciao,
Mario