commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration]First release candidate for 1.3 release
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:49:56 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 7/30/06, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>> The Commons Configuration team is pleased to announce the availability
>> of the first release candidate of the upcoming 1.3 release.
>>
>> The files can be found for inspection at
>> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.3rc1/
>>
> <snip/>
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome!
> <snap/>
>
> Haven't looked at the RC in detail yet, but before I forget -- what
> about the groupId? Was there any conclusion to the maven relocation
> thread?
>
> Perhaps its best to revert to commons-configuration for 1.3.
>
> -Rahul

I've been busy over at the maven community, asking questions and trying
to document [1] the proper procedure for doing this. So now it's just a
matter of doing the work. Remaining steps:

* Complete the changing of groupId in all project.xml files
* Follow the procedure for relocation

I'm available to help do this. My suggestion is that we start with one
component and see that all goes well. Configuration might be the one.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

--
Dennis Lundberg