commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Snapshot timestamped version has disappeared from the m1 snapshot repo!
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:16:13 GMT
> On 7/26/06, Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at> wrote:

> > @phil: What do you think, can we have this?
> > Or is it a bad idea to do this for all projects by default?
> > I can setup my own cronjob to create the link then.
>
> +1. The jars we're deploying seem useless currently if people can't
> depend on them in a snapshot way. Do we even need the dated one?
> Should it be SNAPSHOT-YYYYMMDD? I'm not sure what the recommended way
> is to do snapshots nowadays.

I think it needs to end in -SNAPSHOT for Maven to recognize it.  Do
you have a way to get the <currentVersion> out of project.xml/pom.xml
?  For VFS it's 1.0-RC8-SNAPSHOT.

The dated ones have some value.  If something goes wrong in "the
latest" nightly, you can change your pom to depend on yesterday's
until you sort out the problem.

This doesn't address Vincent's concern of having a stable build to
depend on, but that's what releases are for. :)

--
Wendy