commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] Broken links in tag reference
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:11:31 GMT
The idea with the tag reference was to have a one stop place for all
the documentation.

If we can do that with links and by improving the individual taglib
documentation, I'm all for it.

The problem with the current taglib documentation is that
a) it's autogenerated off inadequate source markup
b) It doesn't provide examples and usage info.

On 7/25/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> It isn't easy as that, building the site does take a huge time because
> of the very many tag-libs.... depending on the maven version this may
> even turn out to impossible.
>
> This tag-reference page makes double usage with:
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/index.html
> whose links are all correct... why keep it ?
>
> Rebuilding the site would probably fix it if replacing
> tag-reference/x.html with libs/x/tags.html
> but do we really need that ??
>
> paul
>

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> > That might be so, but the links on the "All tags" page work. So it's
> > just a matter of fixing some links. If I go ahead and do that would it
> > be OK to redeploy the site?
> >
> > Dion Gillard wrote:
> >> I don't think the tag reference is complete.

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize" -
Muhammad Ali