commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Attributes] Leaving project
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:49:35 GMT
> On 7/7/06, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm abandoning the Commons Attributes project. I simply do not have
> > the time to keep it going any more.
>
> Understandable. Given that Attributes sounds like it i replaced by JDK
> 1.5, and end of life was always on the cards.

Agreed. (I have actually made this explicit in the FAQ since day one.)

> Yep. Which one is the 39 step one?

Preparation + release checklists. So actually, 39 steps in two lists.

> > Therefore: The current snapshots (which you can download from the
> > project home page as 2.2 RC) will be the last I produce. For all
> > intents and purposes, consider them the "final" 2.2 release.
>
> What's the story with 2.2? Lots of bugfixes, or a reworking of the code
> or ...?

Bugfixes and a move to qdox instead of xjavadoc to parse source files.

Getting 2.2 out would be a nice endcap, and if you could just get the
thing out in accordance with specs, that would be absolutely
fantastic. I'll stick around to get 2.2 out if $SOMEONE_ELSE (you) do
the release manager stuff.

So, 2.2 and then move it to dormant, or?

/LS