commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tomasz Pik" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] maven group ids
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:02:47 GMT
> Everything is set to make the transition to the new groupId. I was
> hoping that we could use the upcoming release of configuration as the
> first release with the new groupId.
>
> I will do the necessary work to relocate this and previous releases of
> configuration, once the release has been made, so that the transition is
> as transparent as possible to downstream users

Configuration depends on many commons components:
* commons-collections
* commons-lang
* commons-logging-api
* commons-beanutils-core
* commons-codec
* commons-jxpath
maybe it will be better to relocate them first, make configuration
depending on relocated (final?) group/artifact Ids instead of releasing
pom, that will depend on something, which will be obsoleted
some time later (as I understand, releases of next versions of commons
packages will mean 'release new version under new groupId and relocate
previous version).

just my 5cents,
regards,
Tomek