commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release of Commons POM?
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 04:36:38 GMT
On 10/7/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/7/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >   Therefore, I propose to replace
> > >       <resources>
> > >       </resources>
> > >   with
> > >       <plugin>
> > >         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
> > >       </plugin>
> > >
> > +1
>
> Done.
>

> > > There is one additional issue, which I do have myself. Checking out
> > > the trunks-proper directory  in order to edit the POM will typically
> > > result in checking out all of jakarta-commons. Obviously, that's not
> > > what I want. Therefore, I propose to create a module
> > > commons/commons-parent, change the pom's artifactId from "commons" to
> > > "commons-parent" and move the POM to that place.
> > >
> > +1
>
> I'll wait some more days before doing that. If noone intervenes, I'll
> proceed next week.
>

> > I would also like to find a way to decouple the inherited site
> > elements from the parent POM.  The current setup will publish the
> > parent site metadata with the POM, so site l & f changes will require
> > re-release of the POM, which I don't like.  Is there any way to
> > accomplish this other than to create commons-site and then all the
> > foo-sites separately?
>
> I don't know, what you are referring to? Neither the commons parent
> POM nor the Apache POM contain configuration of reports and/or site
> plugin?

Sorry, I was thinking about the sandbox.  In trunks-sandbox there is a
src/site directory.  When you deploy the sandbox parent pom (which
inherits from the commons proper pom), the site metadata gets
published with the pom.  What I would like to figure out is the best
way to enable proper and sandbox component sites to inherit site
metadata without having that data tied (from a release / deploy
standpoint) to the pom.

Phil