commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing commons-skin
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:45:05 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Hmmm.
>

> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-lang3/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edennisl/commons-lang3/>

> puts the nav bar in the right place flush left, but shows a big black box
> between the Jakarta and Lang logos on the top.

Yes, I used the standard maven-classic-skin for this one. Just to see if
the problem is in commons-skin or if it was inherited from
maven-classic-skin. Seems that I have made something wrong in
commons-skin :(

> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-lang4/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edennisl/commons-lang4/>

> puts the nav bar in the middle, as before.

That's odd. There must be something more that is wrong then.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this myself. I looked
around to find a linux live-cd with Firefox 2 on it. I found one and
burned a copy of Ubuntu 6.10 with Firefox 2.0.0.0. But I can't see the
issues that you do.

I can however see it on both Ubuntu and Windows if make the font size
smaller (!) in firefox (CTRL -) about 6 times, then the navbar pops away
to the right a bit. I'll continue searching for a solution.

Thanks for helping me check this.

> Phil
>
> On 12/28/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Phil Steitz wrote:

>> distinct

>> > Still has the  leftcolumn offset problem for me on Firefox/Linux.
>> >
>> > Phil
>>
>> OK, I think I've found and fixed the problem now. Please double check
>> this one:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-lang4/
>>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg