commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing commons-skin
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:06:02 GMT

> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > Thanks, Dennis!

> >> Actually, I like those. :-)
> >
> > A couple of things I noticed:
> >>
> >> * The "Docs for 2.2" is missing. Personally, I think it's important to
> >> know
> >> the version that I'm looking at, so I hope that can be put back.
> >

> > That should be no problem - that is the content.  I think Dennis was
> just
> > testing the skin.
> >
> > * The current page now shows in the menu as black, and looks the same as
> >> menu heading. Previously it was bolded blue, which made it a distinct
> >> style
> >> from other items and from the headers.
> >
> > Other than that, they look a lot alike. ;-)
> >

> > The skin looks great to me - I don't have any problems with the arrows
> or
> > menu bolding.  I am, however, seeing a problem that I have seen before
> on
> > Firefox.  Could be a Firefox/Linux abnormality.  Using Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
> U;
> > Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061208 Firefox/2.0.0.1, I get
> this:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/newLang.jpg
>
> I see something similar when I enlarge the font size (CTRL +) 2 times
> when using Mozilla 2.0.0.1 on Windows. Nothing like it shows up for the
> M1 site, so I'm guessing the problem is in the way that M2 generates the
> html+css. Have you seen this on other M2 sites besides in Commons?

Not yet. Struts, Shale, Maven all look fine.  I vaguely remember a similar
problem back in m1, where I had to add a margin for the #leftcolumn, like
so:

#leftColumn {
 margin: 10px 0 0 5px;

When I hack that in to maven-theme.css , it moves the nav bar over to where
it belongs.  I don't know if that is the right way to fix the problem, but I
think the missing margin: element may be the cause of it.

Phil