commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-parent] m2 profiles for PuTTY?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:45:10 GMT
On 12/8/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Basically we type our passphrases in once when the OS comes up and
> > from that point on we can ssh/scp to machines without having to enter
> > passwords/passphrases.
>
> I admit that I still do not completely understand the details, but I
> do understand that scpexe has some possibilities which scp doesn't
> have. Right? If so, I'd be +0 for changing the protocol in
> commons-parent.

<snip/>

No, why change? Add. Isn't that the point of profiles -- to accomodate
differing environments.

Unless there are better suggestions to this thread within the next few
days, I will add two new profiles to commons-parent (they will take
care of rc and release over scpexe). That should accomodate everyone.

Those who prefer vanilla scp can deploy snaps with (like you do right now):

mvn -Prc deploy

Folks like me and Hen can use:

mvn -Pextrc deploy

(or some such profile id)