commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] releasing jci RC3 as 1.0 ...maybe this time?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:50:02 GMT

On 02.06.2007, at 16:20, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> Votes ...someone?
>> Should I provide a tgz so it's easier to grab?
>> cheers
>> --
>> Torsten
>
> I had a look at some of the jars, and they all look fine. But I am
> wondering if you will provide source and binary distributions like
> the other commons components do.

IMO this would not make that much sense for jci as it is a
multiproject. I doubt many people will need all compiler
implementations. Actually I was thinking of releasing only via the
maven repository sync.

> These are the artifacts we typically vote on, so I am unsure how to
> handle this case.

Well I could run the assembly goal to create those
distributions ...but who will use them?

Don't know ...opinions?

cheers
--